News Carom Billiard

Carom Billiard - Carom - Kozoom News

Supercup and Player of the Year have been cancelled

Posted by on October 20, 2011

Supercup and Player of the Year have been cancelled

© Harry van Tiel
Dick Jaspers, crowned as the Supercup winner of this year.

ANTWERP - The gala in the Hilton Hotel in Antwerp, where two top players duel for the Super Cup and where the Player of the Year is chosen, has been cancelled for this year. Ludo Dielis, who was the organizer for ten years of this event with his team and sponsors, had already announced to quit and couldn't find another organizer. The event was on the UMB calender for 4th of February next year.

The gala was a yearly event on the first Saturday in February: top players were invited to shine in a full house of billiard fans, sponsors and people who are involved with billiards.

Players like Frédéric Caudron, Dick Jaspers, Dani Sánchez, Torbjörn Blomdahl, Eddy Merckx, Semi Sayginer, Marco Zanetti and Ryuuji Umeda have shone many times in the ambiance of topbilliard and entertainment. Dick Jaspers played a masterful match against Dani Sánchez this year and crowned himself as winner of the Supercup.

The gala evening was the yearly meeting of the world champion of the previous year and the overall winner of the World Cup. In addition, the player of the year was elected.

Ludo Dielis: ,,This year I had announced to stop organizing, because I wanted to focus on the World championship in Antwerp in two years. I have said that I would be very happy to tranfer the license to someone else. The gala has been grown to an official event throughout the years with the applications run by the UMB. But unfortunately there is no organizer for his year. We need a time skip and hope that the event will come back on the calendar in 2013.´´

My Comments

Marco Zanetti
Marco Zanetti
Why Kozoom forgets me?
I played twice in Antwerp, in 2003 I was elected player of the YEar and in 2009 I won the Supercup against Jaspers! Is this good journalism of Kozoom?

Message 1/8 - Publish at October 24, 2011 3:57 PM

Xavier
Xavier
Take it easy
Your name has been added by Frits. His plan was probably not to mention all winners of the Supercup since its creation 10 years ago... Still difficult to find another media in the world who publishes more news dedicated to world top players so, you should not blame us so quickly.

Message 2/8 - Publish at October 24, 2011 4:48 PM

Marco Zanetti
Marco Zanetti
Another issue
I find that only in billiard some things can happen and nobody reacts - so that I had to point out that. Frits has also forgotten the World Champion of 2009, Filipos Kasidokostas....
You know how much I do appreciate your work Xavier, but journalism cannot be too approximative. If we would play billiards like that, we would not reach 1,000 average......
Please understand my impulse of accuracy also in the information...... :-)

Message 3/8 - Publish at October 24, 2011 6:54 PM

fritsbakker
fritsbakker
No hard feelings
Let's close this discussion Marco: indeed I didn't have the intention to mention all players who were involved with the Supergala and the Player of the Year in Antwerp. The news that the event has been cancelled, was much more important at that moment and for the article I didn't check the archives. Just let's hope that the event will return on the calendar. Then we can publish the list of winners without forgetting one of them. No hard feelings.

Message 4/8 - Publish at October 24, 2011 8:00 PM

Marco Zanetti
Marco Zanetti
End
I do agree with you Frits, let's finish the matter. I wish you and all the Kozoom Team an amazing time in Schiltigheim for the first qualification session of the Agipi Billiard Master 2012!

Message 5/8 - Publish at October 24, 2011 8:42 PM

Tony Van Vazquez
Tony Van Vazquez
we never forget
kozoom may forget but we (the people who admire you and all others grandmasters) don't.
you guys in kozoom are really doing a great work, life for us the ones whose like carom is much happier after got an account in kozoom

Message 6/8 - Publish at October 24, 2011 9:51 PM

Micke
Micke
Agipi Billiard Master 2012
Does anybody know why i didnt was invited this year?

Message 7/8 - Publish at October 25, 2011 2:47 PM

jacff1
jacff1
Micke

Seems to be, the same reason I wasn´t invited too :)

Message 8/8 - Publish at October 26, 2011 12:14 AM