News Carom Billiard

Carom Billiard - 3-Cushion - Korean Olympic Comittee Festival - Incheon (KOR)

Jae Ho Cho winner from the penalty spots

Posted by on December 24, 2014

Jae Ho Cho winner from the penalty spots

© Kozoom
Jae Ho Cho won the final match from the penalty spots against Dong Koong Kang

SEOUL - Two of the best Korean three cushion players, Jae Ho Cho and Dong Koong Kang, played the final of the Korean Olympic Committee Festival in Seoul. The final of the tournament was came to a wonderful climax. Jae Ho Cho was the overall winner from the penalty spots.

Dong Koong Kang, the losing finalist at the Hurghada's World Cup this month when he was beaten by Marco Zanetti, finished in the final in Seoul on 40-33. But like e in the World Cup in Istanbul, where Jae Ho Cho scored eight points in the equalizer against Sung-Won Choi (and won the tournament), the diminutive Korean showed his nerves of steel.

He first levelled the score with seven from the break (twentieth inning, 40-40), then Dong Koong Kang started the penalty shoots. He was not so lucky with the break shot and missed his second carom. Jae Ho Cho needed only two points for the triumph.

The preliminary rounds of the tournament were played in Incheon, Seoul, the finals in the billiards television studio in Seoul. The world champion Sung-Won Choi was already eliminated in the qualificationseol Pa.

Jae Ho Cho bested Deuk-Hee Hwang in the eighth finals after 40-40 and 3-0 in the penalty's. In the quarterfinals Cho defeated Kwang Yeol Park 40-33 (32) and in the semifinals, Jae Ho Cho played a world class match against HaengJik Kim: 40-29 in thirteen innings after a start with 29 in 6 innings (averages 3.077/2.231).

Dong Koong Kang won in the semifinal against Choong Bok Lee (40-37 in 20), despite a run of fifteen for Lee.

The first prize was 3 million Korean Won (2500 euros).

Thanks to Suah Park for the live report.

My Comments

bowersj
bowersj
couldn't watch
I was unable to access this stream on your website on any of the 3 days. I did not have any roblem all year viewing billiards as a premium pass member. This includes the world cup and world championship from Korea. Was there a technical issue?

Message 1/8 - Publish at December 24, 2014 2:59 PM

Gardener
Gardener
I couldn't watch either
I could not watch any of the live games, either. I waited every day for a fix but in the end, nothing. It's so disappointing that I had to miss the whole tournament.

Message 2/8 - Publish at December 24, 2014 5:31 PM

Mike
 Mike
almost the same
A similar problem for many Kozoom members whereever in the world.I suppose it is about a technical issue very difficult to be fixed and I'm also sure that Kozzoom will load in the videos file the semi finals and the Finals.At least I hope to...

Message 3/8 - Publish at December 24, 2014 7:41 PM

HITOSHI KURIYAMA
HITOSHI KURIYAMA
OK in Japan
I could see the match with no ploblem in Japan.

Message 4/8 - Publish at December 25, 2014 1:41 AM

HITOSHI KURIYAMA
HITOSHI KURIYAMA
OK in Japan
I could see the match with no ploblem in Japan.

Message 5/8 - Publish at December 25, 2014 1:41 AM

scidlow
scidlow
Not the technical issue,any more
Technical issue or problems could happen anytime, anywhere as technical things can not be perfect, by all means.

What matters is the fundamental philosophy and/or attitude of both the service provider
and members (who should just take whatever they are given as bona-fide-holders).
Good luck, guys, in the years to come !!!

Message 6/8 - Publish at December 25, 2014 1:27 PM

GTL
GTL
Replays
We will publish the replays for sure, please allow us some time.
Again, we apologize to those who were not able to watch the livestream.

Message 7/8 - Publish at December 27, 2014 12:25 PM

scidlow
scidlow
Thanks and Happy New Year, everybody!
Thanks for the comments about the REPLAYS, GTL!
I hope everybody at Kozoom site here will carry on this kind of atmosphere next year and afterwards.
Both the members and service provider (Kozoom) should understand more about each other, and I
hope the year 2014 was the turning point.
I regret there had been some unpleasant dispute between and among us but this is the time when we have to put them back behind us and look forward to better days ahead of us.
Happy New Year, everybody !!! / Scidlow from the heart ^^