News Carom Billiard

 

Carom Billiard - 3-Cushion - Grand Prix - Capelle aan den IJssel (NED)

Jean Paul de Bruijn must withdraw from Grand Prix

Posted by on August 23, 2021

Jean Paul de Bruijn must withdraw from Grand Prix

© Kozoom
The world president of UMB, Farouk Barki, after meeting with board: no chance that suspended player can participate

CAPELLE AAN DEN IJSSEL - The world federation of billiard players, the UMB, maintains its decision that Jean Paul de Bruijn is not allowed to participate in the Grand Prix three cushion that starts today, Monday, in Capelle aan den IJssel. The Dutch player is still suspended until October 4, 2020, because of his (recently broken) contract with the Korean billiards organization PBA, which is not recognized by the UMB. The UMB decided that no ranking points for all other players would be handed out if the suspended player De Bruijn would participate in the Grand Prix.

The KNBB, Dutch billiard federation, has resigned itself to that decision. Jean Paul de Bruijn will therefore not play in Capelle. ''We resign ourselves to the decision, that also applies to Jean Paul de Bruijn'', reacted Hans de Bruin of the Section three-cushion billiards of the KNBB this morning. The UMB held a meeting with the whole board about the case this morning.

Mr. Farouk Barki, the president: ''We adhere to the strict rules regarding players returning from the PBA. That goes for Robinson Morales, for Tonny Carlsen, for all others, and also for Jean Paul de Bruijn. They have to stick to their suspension and until then they are not allowed to participate in tournaments linked to the UMB. They can play, when the KNBB admits them, but then we skip the ranking points. There is no chance at all that we make an exception for any player.''

Hans de Bruin said after the UMB's email about the decision of the final exclusion: ''It has never been our intention to sacrifice innocent billiard players to achieve our goal.'' The KNBB appealed in vain to the UMB before the Grand Prix to stop the suspension of De Bruijn a month earlier, said De Bruin.

The main tournament of the Grand Prix, in which De Bruijn was already classified, remains intact. In the place of the 'player from Zeeland' comes a best loser. Furthermore, there are no changes in the groups.

 

 

Back to All News

My Comments

inception
inception
We want UMB events !
These prove UMB is still there. Carom players and fans must want to watch events with players they love to see.
Unfortunately, all UMB is doing last 18 months are cancelling (some under the expression of postponed) international events and suspension things.

In Tokyo Olympic, many new sports, not billiards although UMB(WCBS?) repeats UMB is under IOC.
Who is (are?) responsible for such situation?

Only limited top players and a few lady players had a chance to play (to make some earnings) in Korea last month.
UMB president was there for them, right?

Message 1/1 - Publish at August 23, 2021 3:20 PM

Post new comment

Log in or register now to leave a comment

Forgot your password?

Don’t have an account yet?

Sign up now for free to post comments, add your photos, partipate in our forums and receive exclusive Newsletter.

Then you can get a Premium Pass for a full Live and Video access.

Join Kozoom